Self-publishing through blogging is a great way for financial advisors to build online authority, credibility, and influence. In fact, it’s perhaps the only way to realize sustainable success in digital marketing (and there’s very little competition.)
What works in social media (for financial advisors) is simple in theory, but more difficult in practice.
The reason it’s more difficult in practice is that to achieve meaningful business outcomes, social media requires a steep (but mostly short-term) learning curve on your part and a long-term commitment from you. Said another way, it’s an ongoing investment of your time.
Consider this: would you have an intern do your live, in-person networking for you? Would you have an intern deliver your presentation to a room full of qualified potential clients? Would you have an intern engage in direct conversations with potential clients? The answer is most likely “no.” I don’t know many (if any) financial advisors who would agree to being represented or replaced by an intern in these kinds of live, in-person settings.
As the internet continues to evolve with the advent of social media and increased content accessibility through mobile devices, it’s time to rethink your web presence. Here are some thoughts on the power of evolving beyond the traditional website and virtually franchising your online presence to drive multiple touch opportunities with your target markets.
WordPress is a powerful and easy-to-use content management system for financial advisors and financial firms to publish their thought leadership insights and get found by their target markets. In this post I’ll cover 7 reasons why WordPress is indeed your best option.
First, if you encounter a web design or development company that relies on a proprietary (closed) website platform or system, that is the exact point you should turn and walk away. When it comes to building a scalable and functional online content management system that will benefit your bottom line, nothing beats the open source, flexible, and powerful WordPress platform.
Building your professional content management system on WordPress will provide you with an immediate advantage over competitors who use proprietary content management systems.
Creating a content marketing program is critical to establishing yourself as a thought leader in the digital age. Showcasing your unique insights and beliefs on your blog and social media channels is what positions YOU as a leader.
Before you can really be effective with leveraging social media, you need to first develop your content marketing platform, plan and strategy. Your content marketing program should serve as the foundation of your digital marketing efforts.
Without creating and showcasing your own beliefs, opinions, and insights through thought leadership content, it is nearly impossible to build a trusted and loyal following in social media. Building online influence through your content will breed business success.
If you are thinking about launching a blog, or if you’ve been blogging for awhile, understanding how to effectively promote your blog can be very important to your success.
Blogs are digital assets that acquire value over time. If your goal is to attract and cultivate leads from your target markets with your blog, you must first focus on growing your visibility; or attracting blog traffic.
If you’re not blogging and you are relying on a static website to grow your online visibility, you are missing a tremendous opportunity to grow your business over time.
If you want your blog to be successful and sustainable for the long run, you will need to focus on two key principles:
Ultimately, blogging is all about building online influence. Influence is the new marketing, and there is no better tool than a professional blog to showcase your insights, expertise, passions, and personality. Blogging is how you build a trusted network of followers in the age of social media. Recently I was a featured guest speaker on [...]
Get Smart About Digital MarketingGet FREE updates and straight-forward guidance on digital and social media marketing delivered directly to your email inbox.
Who’s Behind Wired Advisor?
Stephanie Sammons is the founder of Wired Advisor™ and a nationally recognized digital business strategy thought leader, consultant, marketer, speaker, and writer. She works primarily with financial advisors and firms, executives, and business professionals.
- Where Are the Financial Advisor Thought Leaders?
- Will Financial Advisors Get to Be Socially Authentic?
- Thought Leadership Content Marketing in Social Media Times
- 7 Core Elements of a Powerful Financial Blog
- 7 Reasons Why Financial Advisors Should Use WordPress
- The New 3 P’s of Differentiation
- The Importance of a Social Media Landing Pad
- How to Proactively Protect Your Online Reputation
- Facebook FAQs for Financial Advisors
- Financial Advisors Can Build a Digital Identity Through Blogging
- Latest Blog Research Has Important Implications for Advisors
- What’s the Point of Social Media? (You Might be Missing it)
- Why Financial Advisors Should Become Self-Publishers
- What Works in Social Media (for Financial Advisors)
- The Power of Franchising Your Online Presence
- A Social Media Sharing Guide for Financial Advisors
- Facebook’s Graph Search an Important Development for Financial Advisors
- Facebook FAQs for Financial Advisors
- Top 7 Financial Advisor Digital Marketing Posts of 2012
- How Social Media Resembles the Game of Golf
- Social Media: Are You Missing the Point? | Wired Advisor Blog: [...] specific comments in the article about the u...
- Yvan De Munck: As always, great insight on the subject. Thanks !...
- Larry Klein: Everything you state is accurate but there are 2 p...
- Financial advisor blogs drive digital marketing success | Wired Advisor Digital: [...] A professional blog can become a piece of yo...
- Financial advisor blogs drive digital marketing success | Wired Advisor Digital: [...] you’re going to need to launch a blog ...
- Financial advisor blogs drive digital marketing success | Wired Advisor Digital: [...] blog can be utilized alongside your website ...
- Financial advisor blogs drive digital marketing success | Wired Advisor Digital: [...] and self-publishing your own content is not ...
- Facebook Marketing for Financial Advisors | Wired Advisor Digital: [...] 7 Tips for Powering Your Facebook Business P...
- Stephanie Sammons: I really like the way you put that Mark. Excellent...
- H. Jude Boudreaux, CFP®: Nice article Stephanie. I'm always surprised whe...
Follow @wiredadvisor on Twitter