How important is Facebook from a business perspective for financial advisors? In this Wired Advisor tutorial post, we cover the primary questions and answers involved in building a personal and professional presence on Facebook.
We are passionate about and committed to helping financial advisors build better client-driven practices in the age of social media. In doing so, we’ve pulled our top thought leadership posts for 2012 for your review as chosen by our followers. Enjoy, and make 2013 a great year for growing your business!
Are you a golfer? Or what I should say is, do you attempt to play golf?
I’ve tried to hit that little white ball around for years. I remember in the early days of my first few rounds feeling completely clueless about everything from which club to use, how to hold the club, what a birdie meant, and never mind trying to not whiff the ball!
The same goes for any kind of sport or game out there. You have tools needed for play and rules to follow. On top of that, you have to practice to have any chance at all of competing.
What does golf have to do with social media?
Interestingly enough, I think there are some big similarities between the two.
Are you leveraging the science of persuasion in your business? Robert Cialdini has developed a short video that gives 6 unforgettable short cuts for becoming a better influencer.
WordPress is a powerful and easy-to-use content management system for financial advisors and financial firms to publish their thought leadership insights and get found by their target markets. In this post I’ll cover 7 reasons why WordPress is indeed your best option.
First, if you encounter a web design or development company that relies on a proprietary (closed) website platform or system, that is the exact point you should turn and walk away. When it comes to building a scalable and functional online content management system that will benefit your bottom line, nothing beats the open source, flexible, and powerful WordPress platform.
Building your professional content management system on WordPress will provide you with an immediate advantage over competitors who use proprietary content management systems.
As financial advisors, most of us have been conditioned to think in terms of quantifiable returns. We manage to, measure, and report portfolio performance to clients.
Ultimately though what we really do as financial advisors is help guide our clients. We help them make smart decisions about their money when times are tough and we help them create the best probability for achieving long-term financial success based upon their goals, resources, time frame, and risk tolerance. At the end of the day, it’s less about the numeric return achieved and more about the progress being made toward the goal. The value is in the relationship.
This is very similar to investing in digital and social media for your business. Just as your clients have an opportunity to preserve and grow wealth through their relationship with you, you have the opportunity to preserve client loyalty and grow your business through RELATIONSHIPS.
In the digital age, it’s critical to help your clients and prospects rise above the noise and view you as the primary resource to follow. Here are 3 ways you can create a better experience for clients and prospects.
Get Smart About Digital MarketingGet FREE updates and straight-forward guidance on digital and social media marketing delivered directly to your email inbox.
Who’s Behind Wired Advisor?
Stephanie Sammons is the founder of Wired Advisor™ and a nationally recognized digital business strategy thought leader, consultant, marketer, speaker, and writer. She works primarily with financial advisors and firms, executives, and business professionals.
- Where Are the Financial Advisor Thought Leaders?
- Will Financial Advisors Get to Be Socially Authentic?
- Thought Leadership Content Marketing in Social Media Times
- 7 Core Elements of a Powerful Financial Blog
- 7 Reasons Why Financial Advisors Should Use WordPress
- The New 3 P’s of Differentiation
- The Importance of a Social Media Landing Pad
- How to Proactively Protect Your Online Reputation
- Facebook FAQs for Financial Advisors
- Financial Advisors Can Build a Digital Identity Through Blogging
- Latest Blog Research Has Important Implications for Advisors
- What’s the Point of Social Media? (You Might be Missing it)
- Why Financial Advisors Should Become Self-Publishers
- What Works in Social Media (for Financial Advisors)
- The Power of Franchising Your Online Presence
- A Social Media Sharing Guide for Financial Advisors
- Facebook’s Graph Search an Important Development for Financial Advisors
- Facebook FAQs for Financial Advisors
- Top 7 Financial Advisor Digital Marketing Posts of 2012
- How Social Media Resembles the Game of Golf
- Yvan De Munck: As always, great insight on the subject. Thanks !...
- Larry Klein: Everything you state is accurate but there are 2 p...
- Financial advisor blogs drive digital marketing success | Wired Advisor Digital: [...] A professional blog can become a piece of yo...
- Financial advisor blogs drive digital marketing success | Wired Advisor Digital: [...] you’re going to need to launch a blog ...
- Financial advisor blogs drive digital marketing success | Wired Advisor Digital: [...] blog can be utilized alongside your website ...
- Financial advisor blogs drive digital marketing success | Wired Advisor Digital: [...] and self-publishing your own content is not ...
- Facebook Marketing for Financial Advisors | Wired Advisor Digital: [...] 7 Tips for Powering Your Facebook Business P...
- Stephanie Sammons: I really like the way you put that Mark. Excellent...
- H. Jude Boudreaux, CFP®: Nice article Stephanie. I'm always surprised whe...
- MarkMLittle: Your advice about telling clients' stories is a w...
Follow @wiredadvisor on Twitter